Monday, September 26, 2011

Mike's Beef Tips


 I call them that because I catered them to my husband's taste. and they now seem to be his favorite dish. I love it because it's simple to make and you can change the flavor to whatever you like at the moment.

The Details:
I started by browning a pound and a half of stew meat in a large skillet. Next I added 2 cups of water and about 1 cup of Dale's sauce, 1/4 cup vinegar, a few tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, Lawrey's seasoning salt, pepper, and parsley. I let that simmer on medium low for 30 minutes. I then stir 3 heaping spoonfuls of flour in 1/2 cup of cold water and pour that in the skillet. Let that simmer for 15 more minutes minutes. While that's finishing up, I cooked up about 1 1/2 cups of minute rice. Serve it with the gravy and you're ready to go!


Obviously you could use sirloin tips, and real rice, but the stew meat's a lot cheaper and minute rice is easier.   And you can add whatever you want, or leave out stuff. A simple yet versatile dish.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment