Friday, October 7, 2011

Speedy Brownies


Ok, so it sounds like something Speedy Gonzales would eat, but no one cares because they're chocolate! In fact, I suggest any recovering chocoholics stop right here and read no further. Of course, if you are like me and chose to embrace the fact that you cannot live without chocolate, by all means keep reading!

The Details:
2 c. sugar
1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa
1 tsp. salt
5 eggs
1 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c chocolate chips

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients but chocolate chips. Mix well. Pour into greased 13"x9" pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for 30 minutes.



So now you see why they are called 'Speedy.' Very quick and easy to mix up. I also added a few white chocolate chips to half of my batch this time. (Did you know white chocolate is not chocolate at all? It has no cocoa in it, and it therefore not chocolate! The nerve of it trying to masquerade as chocolate! Ahem. Where was I?)


And if you are too lazy to get your mixer out, like me (I mean, you have to get it out, and plug it up. Then you have to actually put the two beaters in the dishwasher. And put it up. So much easier just the use a spoon, and an extra bowl, and wear your arm out . . . I think I better stop defending myself) you can mix it by hand.  Or, at least this is how I do it.
Combine sugar, flour, baking cocoa, salt. Beat eggs well in separate bowl, then whisk in oil. Add to dry mix and mix well with spoon. Add vanilla. Sprinkle on chocolate chips and bake as directed above.


Now excuse me while I go grab a brownie before my kids finish them off.

Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment