Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fried Cinnamon Sugar and Powdered Sugar Tortillas


These are quick, easy, and oh so delicious. I haven't worked up to making my own tortillas yet, but I'm sure they would work great for this. And you can make as many or as few as you want.

The Details:
Heat a half inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place powder sugar in small bowl or plastic bag. Mix together one cup of granular sugar and 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon and place in separate bowl or plastic bag. Cut tortillas in to strips or triangles. Drop into hot oil. When tortilla starts to bubble up and bottom side is lightly browned (5 to 10 seconds), flip over and fry other side the same about the same amount of time. Remove and drain on paper towels. Place in either powdered sugar or cinnamon and sugar and coat evenly. Tap lightly to shake off excess sugar. Serve.


Or course you don't have to do both the cinnamon and sugar, and the powdered sugar. You can pick just one. I prefer the cinnamon but I like to give a variety when I'm having others over.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment