Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Buttermilk Waffles


I love these. I use no other waffle recipe anymore. As you can see, I also love them drenched in butter and syrup. Don't judge me!

The Details:
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons sugar
3 eggs
1/4 cup butter
2 cups buttermilk, room temperature

Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Beat eggs and butter in separate bowl. Slowly whisk in buttermilk. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined. Let rest for 5 minutes. Cook according to waffle iron's directions.


Do not over mix the batter. It is supposed to be lumpy. I have discovered that an ice cream scoop works great to put the batter on the iron. For my waffle iron, it takes two scoops.
If you're not going to be eating the waffles right away, (You know, like if you have to wait for the rest of the waffles to cook because you need to feed the rest of the family at the same time. Or you could just claim Cook's Right and eat the first of come off the iron while they're still hot enough to scorch your fingers and leave everyone else to fend for themselves. Or you know, whatever.) you can place them in a oven preheated to 200 degrees. I place a piece of foil over them to keep them crispy.
If you don't eat all the waffles in one sitting, you can place them in the freezer in freezer zip bags. Just pop them in the toaster for a quick treat. I like to grab some when I'm in a hurry in the morning. (Which is basically always.) The batter will also keep in the refrigerator overnight.
The only thing that makes these taste better is a side of bacon.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment