Thursday, December 22, 2011

Beef, Mac, and Cheese Casserole


I like to call this my 'Cheater's Lasagna.' What? I'm all about convenience! Don't judge me!!
Anyway, it's basically the same thing, but with elbow noodles and not so many different cheeses.

The Details:
2 cups elbow noodles, cooked
1 lb ground beef
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
Seasonings to taste
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Brown ground beef in large skillet. Add cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, and seasonings to beef. Simmer for 15 minutes. Combine with elbow noodles and spread into 9'x13' pan. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.


For my seasonings, I used garlic, parsley, and oregano, but you can use whatever you prefer.
And another really nice thing about this recipe is you can refrigerate or freeze it and simply warm it back up in the oven. Make it ahead of time or save the leftovers for later!

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment