Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cornbread


Ok, so I left this one in a little bit longer than intended, but it still looks pretty good! And please not, this recipe is for unsweetened cornbread. If you add sugar, I will come to your house and feed you raw liver. *evil smile* But I know no one would ever do that.

The Details:
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1cup flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 beaten egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place 10" cast iron skillet in oven with 1 tablespoon of oil. Combine corn meal, flour, baking powder, and salt in large mixing bowl. Add milk, egg, and oil, also adding heated oil from skillet. Mix until mostly smooth. Poor into heated skillet, and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Overturn onto plate and slice.


If you don't have a cast iron skillet, you can use a greased square pan, but I can guarantee it will turn out right. Ok, so I don't really guarantee any of my dishes will turn out right, but I have at least tried the others. But I'm sure either way would turn out fine.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment